The Mental Health Court Support Program is available to assist individuals with a mental health issue who come into contact with the criminal justice system.
Mental Health Diversion
To be considered for Mental Health Diversion, individuals must:
- Be 16 years or older
- Have a mental health issue/diagnosis, a developmental delay, addictions/concurrent disorder, or an acquired brain injury
- Have been charged with a criminal offence
- Agree to participate and demonstrate a commitment to comply with a Diversion Treatment Plan, which has been approved by the Crown Attorney
Court Support Case Management
Services may include:
- Coordination of mental health services
- Referrals to psychiatric care
- Assistance when applying for social assistance and/or suitable housing
- Referrals to longer term support services
- Case Management for individuals being released from custody
Consult a Court Support Case Manager for information on community mental health services.
Who can refer to Court Support Services?
The accused (self-referral), police, family and friends, duty or defense counsel, Crown Attorney and other community agencies can refer to Court Support Services.