Families Caring, Families Sharing
Please note the change in the December group date. The change will only be for this month only. We will return to the regularly scheduled time and day in 2024
Families Caring, Families Sharing is a support group for families with adults living with mental health issues. The group is facilitated by trained family members, who have a loved one living with mental illness.
Our Family Members:
- Are living with various mental health issues; including mood and anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, and other forms of mental illness
- Have behavioural issues and emotional needs due to their particular disorder
- Require understanding and support from us
- Can be from diverse religious and ethnic and cultural backgrounds, income levels, education levels, including non-traditional family units
- All need information and support to better assist their family members
To provide families with a support network and caregiving strategies.
Meetings held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (with the exception of July and August) from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
New Members Welcome
Download 2024 group schedule here: Families Caring, Families Sharing 2024 Hybrid
The Families Caring, Families Sharing monthly support group is be offered in a hybrid format (both virtual and in person) The in-person location is at the CMHA BHN office located in the Chelsea Place Building, 44 King Street, Suite 203 Brantford and the virtual option will be via Zoom.
Lill Petrella, Team Lead, Mental Health Promotion & Education
Canadian Mental Health Association, Brant Haldimand Norfolk
519-752-2998 ext. 112