External Job Posting: Job #2021-18
Clinical Counsellor / Group Coordinator
Base Location: Brant Office
Start Date: September 2021 (TBD)
Hours of Work: 35 hours
Wage Rate: $32.86/hr. – $34.62/hr. (CBA)
CMHA is a unionized environment with OPSEU Local 218
CMHA supports individuals living in the community with mental health issues, concurrent disorders, dual diagnosis, or other complex needs within Brant, Haldimand & Norfolk Counties.
This position also provides individual and group clinical counselling to clients with mental illness, incorporating a knowledge base of psychotherapeutic care. Caseload Size varies depending upon duties, relationship and needs (typically between 25 – 40 people).
The Counsellor is also involved with groups hosted by the agency across all sites (HN and Brant):
- to oversee the development and implementation of any groups provided for clients: and
- to provide direction for any and all staff members facilitating/co-facilitating said groups.
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related discipline.
- Current registration with an approved regulatory body (i.e. OCSWSSW, CRPO).
- 2 years full-time work experience in a mental health service environment;
- Current emergency first aid training and/or CPR training;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and computer skills; experience in Client Data Systems (ie. EMHWare), Microsoft Office / Excel, & Microsoft Teams;
- Familiarity with psychiatric assessments and assessment instruments (i.e. OCAN, GAIN-SS, OPOC);
- A current police / criminal records check is required.
A full job description is available upon request. Hours of work will require some flexibility, but are typically during weekday, daytime hours depending on program and client requirements. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required. Reliable transportation is necessary.