Vocational support services assist persons with a mental health disorder obtain and maintain employment, education and volunteer opportunities.
Vocational workers in the Works for Me and Sustainable Employment Initiative programs are available to help clients establish and pursue their vocational goals.
- Assessment and individual goal-setting to find a job, volunteer placement and/or return to school
- Development of return-to-work action plans
- Resumé writing and interview skills
- Education about mental illness and symptom management
- Linkage to other community resources
- Advocacy with employers or others as requested
We also offer the option of phone and virtual supports, in addition to in-person appointments, should that be the client’s preference. Please contact your worker for further information.
The Sustainable Employment Initiative is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
Works For Me is funded by the Hamilton-Niagara-Haldimand-Brant Local Health Integration Network.