Please be advised, due to the province-wide lockdown
in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19 (effective December 26 at 12:01 a.m.) we are limiting
face to face contacts until further notice. Virtual supports are still available. Please contact your counsellor for assistance.
Our program provides individual and group counselling services to persons 16 years of age and older, living with serious mental illness. The program uses a client-centred approach to assist in a person’s recovery process and healing journey.
Approaches and group topics include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mood Regulation
- Grief and Loss
- Break Free: for Hoarding
- Mental Health and Wellness
People can be seen individually, or in groups. Group topics include: Living with Anxiety, Mood Regulation, Grief and Loss, Self-Esteem, Mindfulness, Hoarding. Other groups will be offered from time to time.
The goals of the Individual and Group Counselling Program are:
- Increased self-esteem and self-worth
- Increased sense of belonging and acceptance
- Improved coping skills and resilience
- Increasing positive thinking, behaviour and mood
- Increased social and community supports
- Increased understanding of symptoms and symptom management
- Overall improvement in quality of life
Referrals are accepted from most sources. All services are free and confidential.