Please be advised, following recommendations from Public Health and in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, we are suspending face-to-face contacts until further notice. Support is still available by telephone and email. Please contact your counsellor for assistance.
Our program provides individual and group counselling services to persons 16 years of age and older, living with serious mental illness. The program uses a client-centred approach to assist in a person’s recovery process and healing journey.
Approaches and group topics include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mood Regulation
- Grief and Loss
- Break Free: for Hoarding
- Mental Health and Wellness
People can be seen individually, or in groups. Group topics include: Mood Regulation, Grief and Loss, Self-Esteem, Mindfulness, Hoarding. Other groups will be offered from time to time. These groups will be listed in the Events section of the website.
The goals of the Individual and Group Counselling Program are:
- Increased self-esteem and self-worth
- Increased sense of belonging and acceptance
- Improved coping skills and resilience
- Increasing positive thinking, behaviour and mood
- Increased social and community supports
- Increased understanding of symptoms and symptom management
- Overall improvement in quality of life
Referrals are accepted from most sources. All services are free and confidential.