Mental Health Promotion and Education is provided to increase awareness and understanding of mental health, mental illness and to reduce stigma. The program fosters a proactive approach to maintain mental wellness.
Through education, information and community development, Mental Health Promotion provides programming to create an awareness of mental health and reduce the stigma of mental illness within Brant Haldimand Norfolk.
- Seminars and workshops on stress management, mental health, mental illness, workplace wellness Including, Mental Health Works.Organizations requiring custom-made training for their staff, can also be accommodated.
- Workshops, conferences and professional development training are also offered in the community
- Library books, videos, pamphlets, audio tapes and other educational materials are available in agency lending library.
- Promotion of Mental Health Week, Mental Illness Awareness Week, and other awareness campaigns
- Information dissemination
- Volunteer coordination
Mental Health Promotion and Education includes:
- Mental Health Works (Workplace Mental Health)
- Custom-made training for community organizations, including stress management, mental health literacy, and other related topics on mental health and mental illness
- Guest speaking
- Promotional events to mark Mental Health Week, Mental Illness Awareness Week, and other awareness campaigns
- Development of symposiums, conferences and workshops on various mental health topics
See the Events Calendar for upcoming events