February 1, 2023
All DayAdd to Calendar (iCal) Add to Google Calendar
What is Recreational Therapy?
Recreation therapy, also known as therapeutic recreation, is a systematic process that utilizes recreation and other activity-based interventions to address the assessed needs of individuals with illness and/or disabling conditions, as a means to psychological and physical health, recovery and well-being.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RECREATION THERAPY?
– Promoting leisure independence and optimal leisure lifestyle
– Development of healthy living strategies through leisure
– Improve physical and cognitive abilities
– Increase confidence and self-esteem
– Foster greater involvement in the community
– Strengthen interpersonal skills and relationships
– Improve coping and adaptation skills
– Enhance well-being
– Encourage a greater sense of accomplishment
– Realize the benefits of a healthy leisure lifestyle
At our branch, we are thankful for RT staff in the Alternatives Activity Centre!
Visit www.trontario.org for more information