The Crisis Stabilization Bed service is intended to assist individuals coping with a mental health crisis to remain in their community and divert unnecessary hospitalizations.
This accessible service is based in Simcoe and is available for all three counties:
- Individuals voluntarily choose to be involved
- Individuals receive a brief reprieve in a safe and secure environment
- Staffed 24/7 by Mental Health Workers
- Accessible to men and women 16 years of age and older who have been assessed as medically stable and not a safety risk to themselves or others
- Available for up to seven days
On-site and follow-up services include (but are not limited to):
- Supportive counselling
- Case Management support
- Referral to other community services
- Relapse prevention planning
- Follow-up support
For more information or to make a referral,
call 519-426-2093 or 1-888-750-7778 x301.
Self-referrals and referrals from other service agencies are welcome.
Referral assessments are usually completed Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Other 24-Hour Crisis Services
There are 24 hour Crisis Services available by phone in all three counties. If you are in immediate crisis, you can call the Integrated Crisis Network (Brant) 519-759-7188 or 1-866-811-7188 or CAST (Haldimand-Norfolk) at 1-866-487-2278.